Welcome to the Westhill Academy website – we hope you find the information here useful.
As indicated below, we intend adding to this new website over the session, particularly by highlighting resources to support home and family learning.
You may be aware that the Scottish Government is consulting on proposed changes to the governance of education in Scotland, and to that end, the Deputy First Minister has announced a further consultation on the content of a new Education Scotland Education bill. The consultation, which runs until 30th January 2018, and a full version of the paper outlining the bill can be found by following this link:
Mrs A. Reid
- Find out more:- Our school prospectus is here. Also, please click on 'Information' and then 'Westhill Academy News' to get a taste of what is going on around the school and 'Daily Bulletin' for upcoming events, points of information and opportunities.
- Parents information sessions: Changes to National Qualifications 2017-2018:- Thank you to all parents who attended the information sessions on Thursday 9th November - we hope you found them useful and informative.If you wish to read the presentations for the evening they have been placed in the parents tab, National Qualifications page, of the website.
- Prelim examination timetable for the Senior Phase in February 2018 is available in the 'Learners' tab on the 'SQA and Prelim information' page.
- Aberdeenshire Support ManualIn Aberdeenshire we are committed to providing the right support, in the right place, at the right time. To this end, please click the link below to find further information and resources linked to Additional Support Needs: http://asn-aberdeenshire.org/
- Guidance Twitter - Follow us on @GuidanceTeamWA for news on careers, jobs, apprenticeships, PSE topics and info for classes.
- Science Twitter - The Science Department at Westhill Academy now have a Twitter page where we will be sharing deadlines for pupil work, assessment information, pupil achievements, resource links, science related news and lots more. Please follow us @ScienceDeptWA.
- Science Faculty - Learning how to learnThe science faculty are working on study skills and 'retrieval practice' with the pupils - more information here.
- Invigilators wanted! - for both our prelims and the main SQA diet of examinations - if you would like to help us and join the team please contact Nicola Christie - our CSN coordinator - at the school on 01224 740111.
This is our new school website. Over the next few months we will be adding content and news about what happens here in Westhill Academy. Comments and suggestions welcome.
The school runs from 9.00 am -12.05 pm and 1.05 pm - 4.00 pm.
9.00 - 9.10 am Tutorial (Registration.)
9.10 - 10.30 am Period 1. Morning Break 10.30 - 10.45 am.
10.45 - 12.05 pm Period 2. Lunch 12.05 - 1.05 pm.
1.05 - 2.25 pm Period 3. Afternoon break 2.25 - 2.40 pm.
2.40 - 4.00 pm Period 4.