Welcome to the Westhill Academy website – we hope you find the information here useful.
As indicated below, we intend adding to this new website over the session, particularly by highlighting resources to support home and family learning.
You may be aware that the Scottish Government is consulting on proposed changes to the governance of education in Scotland, and to that end, the Deputy First Minister has announced a further consultation on the content of a new Education Scotland Education bill. The consultation, which runs until 30th January 2018, and a full version of the paper outlining the bill can be found by following this link:
Mrs A. Reid
- Find out more:- Please click on 'Information' and then 'Westhill Academy News' to get a taste of what is going on around the school and 'Daily Bulletin' for upcoming events, points of information and opportunities.
- New road crossing - Old Skene Road:-Aberdeenshire Council is looking to install a Zebra Crossing West on Old Skene Road to provide a safe crossing point for pupils walking to/ from school. The exact location of the crossing is still to be decided and they are looking for your input on which location would be most suitable. Please take the opportunity to discuss at home where you would like to see a crossing and feedback your comments to the school email address: email@example.com - with the subject header ‘Crossing’ by Wednesday 20th December. We will then collate and forward these to the Transportation Team.The Link below provides a map of Westhill to help aid discussion:http://publications.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/dataset/westhill-academy-consultations
- Christmas Concert:- our annual Westhill Academy School Fund Christmas Concert take place on Tuesday 19 December, at 7pm in the Trinity Church, Westhill. Tickets are available either from Music Department and School Office.
- Parents information sessions: Changes to National Qualifications 2017-2018:- Thank you to all parents who attended the information sessions on Thursday 9th November - we hope you found them useful and informative.If you wish to read the presentations for the evening they have been placed in the parents tab, National Qualifications page, of the website.
- Prelim examination timetable for the Senior Phase in February 2018 is available in the 'Learners' tab on the 'SQA and Prelim information' page.
- Art and Photography exhibition - Wednesday 20th December, Room T8, 6-7 p.m. All Welcome.
- New Guidance Twitter - Follow us on @GuidanceTeamWA for news on careers, jobs, apprenticeships, PSE topics and info for classes.
- New Science Twitter - The Science Department at Westhill Academy now have a Twitter page where we will be sharing deadlines for pupil work, assessment information, pupil achievements, resource links, science related news and lots more. Please follow us @ScienceDeptWA.
- Invigilators wanted! - for both our prelims and the main SQA diet of examinations - if you would like to help us and join the team please contact Nicola Christie - our CSN coordinator - at the school on 01224 740111.
This is our new school website. Over the next few months we will be adding content and news about what happens here in Westhill Academy. Comments and suggestions welcome.
The school runs from 9.00 am -12.05 pm and 1.05 pm - 4.00 pm.
9.00 - 9.10 am Tutorial (Registration.)
9.10 - 10.30 am Period 1. Morning Break 10.30 - 10.45 am.
10.45 - 12.05 pm Period 2. Lunch 12.05 - 1.05 pm.
1.05 - 2.25 pm Period 3. Afternoon break 2.25 - 2.40 pm.
2.40 - 4.00 pm Period 4.